- You cannot add "Jerk Sticks for original Jerk Cooking" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
Ackee in Brine – Spur Tree
Out of stock
Ackee & Saltfish Recipe:
<•1/2 lb saltfish
• 1 can ackees
• 1tbsp oi; or 4 rashes of bacon
• 1 medium onion
• 1tbsp Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce
1. Soak saltfish in boiling water for 30 minutes.
2. Pour off water, repeat and soak for 10 minutes if necessary, to remove excess salt.
3. Pour off water, add fresh water and cook until tender.
4.Remove bones and flake saltfish. Meanwhile allow ackees to drain.
5 .In a frying pan, sauté bacon (if used) or heat oil. Add onion, flaked saltfish, scotch bonnet pepper and ackees.
6 Simmer for 5-10 minutes and sprinkle with black pepper.
7. Serve with rice or boiled yam, and green
|Dimensions||1 × 1 × 1 in|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.